Agios Vlasios Pelion
St. Blaise is a village in the prefecture of Magnesia, built in Pelion slopes on the road leading from the Upper Lechonia in Agios Georgios Nilias, a distance of about 15 km. From Volos.
Its name is due to the village church, which is dedicated to the namesake saint. The oldest name of the village was Karabash or Karabasis, which in Turkish means black head.
In the years immediately after the liberation of Thessaly (1881), the Karabasis became the Municipality Nileias apartment. In 1914, the Karabasis became independent community and its name was changed to St. Blaise. Since 1998, St. Blaise is a municipal district of Artemis, which has its headquarters in Upper Lechonia.