Ano LechoniaAdd to Favourites
The Ano Lechonia are within 12 km from Volos. The village is "drowned" in flowers and ornamental plants and is famous for its nurseries. From here begins the journey of the legendary train of Pelion. It traces the stations of Ano Gatzea, Aghia Triada, Agios Athanasios panel, settlement Argyreika Vyzitsa and terminates in Milies. The train of Pelion that for 76 years, from 1895 to 1971, climbing to Pelion, carrying people and goods, contributing decisively to the rapid development of the region. In this village there are chateaus and neoclassical like Hatzikiriazi and Kasiopoulou, mansions as Saraphis built in 1896 on a plan by Evaristo De Kiriko, emerge through the green, rarely flowers architecture.