The Drakopoulos mansion
was built in 1906 and today it functions as a traditional guest house with the care of the Women's Cooperative of Zagora. Daniel Drakopoulos was a Zagorian, he sought his fortune in other places, never forgetting his birthplace. He was found in Smyrna where he dealt with coffee trade and became a wealthy merchant, as the mansion he has built. He was married to Katina Kordatou, sister of the historian Yannis Kordatos. With the Asia Minor Catastrophe he finally came back.
She started to deal with coffee business again, operating a shop on the ground floor of the mansion. The mansion was inherited by his son Constantine. As a hotel, it began operating in the 1960s with the name "Aegean Sea". Along the way, the mansion changed hands, always operating as a guest house, until it passed into the ownership of the State in the 1980s and remained closed for many years.
The Women's Cooperative of Zagora took over in 1998 and included it in the IEAOE II program in order to renovate it and transform it into a traditional guesthouse with modern comforts. After hard work and much passion in December 2000, the new jewel of Zagora was inaugurated. All the work was done with care and respect for the character of the building, so as to show the beauty of the mansion. The mansion has 5 rooms, each with its own character and the name of a flower, from the dominant color to the decoration. So rooms are called Hydrangeas, Cyclamen, Gardenia, Rose and Achilleas.
Central square of Zagora